Old 04-01-20, 12:10 PM
Flying G

Bikes: 1971 Gitane TDF, 1974 Gitane Interclub, 2001 Serotta Rapid Tour CS3, 1986 Bruce Gordon touring bike, 1972 Gitane Super Corsa, 1978 Michal Johnson, 1972 Lambert Professional Grand Prix, 1983 Vitus (resto project), 1972 Raleigh Professional (resto)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts
Lambert Grand Prix Professional - Gold Plated

We all need good diversions during these challenging times and I offer this!

Here is a first photo of one of this past winter's projects, the restoration of a Lambert GPP Gold Plated. As far as I can tell, it is stock with the only non-Lambert items being the tires, chain, bar tape and Mavic rims. The tires still hold air - at least up to 60 PSI as I dare not go higher unless I want to repair a sew-up. The bike had been ridden in the 1970s and then hung up in a garage/barn. Received the bike with a good deal of corrosion, dirt and grime and carefully cleaned it without trying to remove too much of the plating. It does have the original Death Fork along with a spare set of wheels (Mavic rims with Lambert hubs).

Fascinating history attached to this unusual bike. I'll post more photos later today as the lighting conditions improve.

BTW, any idea what this might be worth?

Best regards to all!
Likes For Flying G: