Blast from the Past

Bikes: Felt FR1, Ridley Excal, CAAD10, Trek 5500, Cannondale Slice

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Monkeyfudger
Yeah I’ve got a couple on different road bikes, weirdly enough with P2M as well

I’ve always been curious whether the axle is the same length as the road cranks as the online blurb seems to suggest that it’s the BB that’s track specific? Have you ever compared it to a road crankset?
It's the only 3D crank I've owned so I don't really have a comparison point. My understanding was that P2M based this on the road crank. I don't think it's up on their site any longer but in the specs they stated that this had the wider Road Q-Factor not the track. I use a Rotor BB1 (Road) bottom bracket.

It's a very consistent meter, gives me numbers that make sense compared to the SRM on my Road bike. But it has a flaw. There is a huge (2 sec +) delay in the rpm. It's very noticeable when doing accelerations, peak rpm will show up 2 to 3 data blocks after peak speed. I discussed this with P2M & it has to do with how they handle signal from the accelerometer used for rpm. Not an issue for enduro work but for a sprinter looking at peaks or acceleration it might be problematic.

I recall the story mentioned about the exploding crank, I think it was @Morelock ?