Old 06-08-18, 11:48 PM
FrontFive

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi. I have only done one ride on 29 plus tyres on my Ice Cream Truck since building them up so I can only provide my initial observations. I found the plus wheels to be a lot faster rolling. I think that is due to a combination of lower rolling resistance from the treads, lighter weight and higher tyre pressures. As a result I found I was approaching corners with much more speed and wishing that I had more powerful brakes. The plus wheels didn't feel like they cornered as well. That could be due to having less grip than my fat tyres, but my lack of familiarity with the plus wheels could also be to blame. The plus wheels seem more suited to long rides where you need to cover a lot of ground, whereas as the fat wheels and tyres feel like more fun and are a lot more comfortable. I really missed my fat tyres when running plus, but I know some people prefer it the other way round.

By the way, I am running a bluto and would definitely recommend it, even with fat tyres as it kills the pogo-ing effect you get from the big tyres and provides more control. It is also astonishingly light.

I hope this helps.