Old 02-11-19, 08:24 AM
Tonyweiss

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Bruce Gordon Front Rack - How does it Mount?

I just picked up a Bruce Gordon Rack off craigslist. I am planning to mount it on a 2015 Surly CC for a touring set up. But I can't figure out how to fit this rack to my bike or if it would even fit? It has the slotted grooves at the top for what I thought was the mid range fork mounting points, and then it has a threaded piece on the mid cross bar that points inward about 3/l4" for the lower mount. I know I will need to make some sort of bracket because the holes don't line up even, but this lower mount confuses me on how you mount it because even if you mounted the bolts form the inside of the fork, it would be almost impossible to line the threads of the fork up with the threads of the rack to secure them? Here are some pictures, any help or advice is appreciated. I would love to keep and use the rack but if it doesn't work for my setup I will just have to sell it to someone who has a bike that fits. I also put a picture of the rack from his website, but I'm still not sure how it mounts, or maybe it is only for a 26" fork? I also put a picture of the 2015 Surly CC i'm wanting to fit the rack too. Thanks.

This is the picture of the rack from his website.

The 2015 Surly CC i'm trying to put the rack on.