View Single Post
Old 05-14-20, 08:16 PM
mkatz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
AFAIK the pakiT is NOT aluminum; the 4 speed specs are on their website...it's HiTen steel and cromoly steel. If you upgrade to lighter components you can get titanium (seat mast, stem riser). Mine is a small frame and I specced out a full custom set up, it is very light at just about 19 lbs (and getting lighter as I am swapping in the titanium parts).
How do the brompton's fit you in terms of ride position? That's one major advantage with the pakiT; much more adjustable in terms of fit. Second is the ride quality. It feels much more like a regular road bike than a folding bike. You can soften the ride if you want by going to wider tires at lower pressure, using titanium mast and stem, swap in a carbon fiber handlebar, and if you really want it cushy put on a thudbuster. If it were me, I'd start with the widest tires and maybe the titanium seat mast. The other stuff you can easily swap in yourself if you later decide you need it.
Any idea how wide tires can be made tofu the Pakit (without frame modifications)? Big Apples?