Old 10-12-20, 02:12 PM
Pianoboy57

Bikes: 2004 Schwinn Super Sport, 2017 Trek Marlin 6, 1997 Raleigh M80, 200? Schwinn Cruiser SS, 1973 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Pale yellow

I was 13 out putting my new Varsity through its paces. It was dark and my brother was throwing old inner tube strips he'd cut at me. Those things hurt! I was hauling ass to get away and I zigged up onto the sidewalk from the street.

Pale yellow is invisible in the moonlight.

The pale yellow '65 Impala 4dr hardtop was parked across the sidewalk. I hit that car aft of the rear wheel at full speed. I don't remember the impact or flying over the car. I landed in grass on my chest. I must've went out for a nanosecond. The Varsity crashed behind the car with the sickening horrendous sound of electo-forged steel hitting concrete.

I was unhurt so I dragged the bike home. My brother took a rag and wiped the tire mark off the Impala. The bike was totally out out of adjustment after the wreck. My dad fixed it but he never noticed that my Varsity now had a wheelbase like on a criterion bike. The top tube compressed and the downtube bent slightly. The wheel and fork were undamaged. It had toeverlap from then on.