View Single Post
Old 07-03-20, 05:33 PM
hodgykins 

Bikes: 1978 Schwinn Paramount P15-9, 1984 Schwinn "Rainbow" Paramount, 1991 Waterford Paramount, 1993 Waterford Paramount

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts
Would you help? COVID-19

I am looking for helpers. I ride a charity ride every year, at least the last 8. Means the world to me. I generally do a 175 bike ride from Mequon, WI To Sturgeon Bay, WI. Each year for the last 8 years this is a 2 day event. 1000's of riders from literally all over the USA do this to support the fight against Blood Cancer, The Scenic Shore Bike Tour. For the last 3 years I have also been a volunteer Executive Committee member to promote, gain sponsorship and raise money for the ride. My commitment is at least $10000 each year in continued and new sponsorship. To date I have eclipsed the $15K mark each year. I will not this year, although the minimum is $10K and I have obtained that.

2020 due to COVID-19, the event has been made virtual. I have decided to ride from my house to Mequon, then Sturgeon Bay and back to Darlington, WI to join the young Lady who's battle with ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia) at the age of 3 changed my world. She is now cancer free and is going to design the final few miles of my ride in honor of her in her hometown.

My dream is the: See Your Own Shore 150. The final leg of my journey is 150 miles from Mequon to Darlington.

I am not looking for donations, I am looking for those who have some gear I need and would be willing to sell/help me procure at a reasonable price. My ride is completely unsupported, camping all the way. It is meant to represent the extreme battle a blood cancer patient must endure. Anyka, my honor child, is a survivor and forever a symbol of hope for others.

Looking for:
Burley Nomad
Topeak Bike Tent

My adventure will take me from McFarland, WI, to Mequon to Manitowoc, to Sturgeon, to Manitowoc, to Mequon, to Darlington. A grand total of 515 miles. I will be riding a 1984 Schwinn Paramount Touring.

PM me if you can help, if you would like to join Team Peaches (ask for info) no donation, no commitment to raise 1 penny, a crazy world we live in, if you want to join a fight let me know.

Be Well & Ride On!

Last edited by hodgykins; 07-03-20 at 05:39 PM.
Likes For hodgykins: