View Single Post
Old 02-08-21, 03:32 AM
kingjason

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by La Tortue
Cruzbike guarantees their bike is faster and backs it up with a money-back guarantee. See their policy here
Ever rode one? I would never recommend a first time recumbent rider to start off with one. Most new recumbent riders have a hard time with a high racer let alone front wheel drive. I kind of agree with the statement most trikes are about 2mph slower than a two wheeler. I also agree I average about the same speeds on my recumbents as my road bikes. The faster I get on my road bike the faster I usually am on my recumbents if I am splitting the miles on them,. I am a believer some of it is in the wheels. I just slapped zipp aero wheels on my Carbon CA2 high racer and picked up about 2mph and that is a under 20mph rider saying that. I use to average about 19-20 mph on my rides but was slacking for a few years. After I picked up 2 mph on my CA2 though, I wanted to compare it to my road bikes but it was not a even comparison since my main squeeze is a 22 pound Van Dessel WTF gravel bike. So, I just finished building a 19lb, Colnago Dream, with all newer Ultegra 11 speed stuff, and Carbon deep dish wheels. So, TBA if I am faster on it. I had a all carbon Trek but it had no soul so I built the Colnago. I just know that both were fairly close in performance. The gravel bike has Jones bars and is just a treat to ride and kind of stylish. You want a fast trike, grab a VTX or a Greenspeed Aero. My Aero was a rocket and I would still probably own it if we didn't have so many strays out here in the county. If I was just going to grab something moderately fast and fairly comfortable though I might go with a Expedition. I have rode most every type of bike out there and lots of trikes and random recumbents. If you are not somehow competing just ride what makes you happy. I know I have owned 8 Bacchettas and always miss them when I sell them. The CA2 is a keeper.