View Single Post
Old 09-18-15, 01:56 AM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
I had eight days off in a row, with many waqlks in that time. I'll just mention the coolest one.

I walked downtown (1 1/2 miles) to meet my 16 year old grandson after school at a restaurant we both like. Before, I had always walked to the school to pick him up, then we walked downtown together. But this time, he was walking there on his own. We were like two adult friends meeting someplace for coffee.

used to I got there first. As I sat waiting for him, I reminisced about the many times we walked together, and how he would put his little hand in mine when we crossed the big streets. That was probably seven or eight years ago, but it seemed like yesterday. I had my glasses off, vision kind of blurry, and looked up to see a big man, about 6'4", walking toward where I was sitting. With a start, I realized that this big tall man was my grandson. I had been so wrapped up in thinking about him as a little kid holding my hand, that I was stunned for a minute to see him as the big man he has become.

Anyway, the passage of time is a weird thing. We had nice coffee and treats, and a nice walk home together.

"Think Outside the Cage"