queerpunk
aka mattio

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
I've never seen any one of those in international competition.
There are a couple on that list that I haven't seen a few of those in international competition, but plenty of those are fairly common. Swiss riders use the BMC, the Cipolini is under a handful of Euro pros, the MAAT has been used by riders like Wiggins, Viviani, Kiryenka - basically anybody high-profile and associated with Sky - and the Pista is common with other BC adjuncts. Fuji doesn't seem to have a relationship with any federations, so those tend to be ridden by privateers - like all the Maloja Pushbikers.

Originally Posted by brawlo
At the other end of the spectrum is China carbon fixed gear carbon track bike frame and seatpost single speed bicycle frame | eBay Not to be snubbed, this frame has a very good reputation as well. It's the base for many a rebadged frame for much more $$. Volikakis is reportedly riding one and even took it to the Olympics. He can pump out sub 10s F200s on it.

There's many different ways to spend your money
I considered that frame, but was weirded out by the low-trail combo of the steep hta and 45mm fork. Throw an Alpina on and it would make a lot more sense. Where'd you hear that Volikakis was on one?