Thread: Dodged a Bullet
View Single Post
Old 06-18-20, 11:34 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2738 Post(s)
Liked 970 Times in 793 Posts
Thanks mev. I suspect that there would be lots of less hardcore riders shying away from it due to the unknown aspects, and obviously all Canadian participants unless they've been in the US for a long time.
Up here, especially for the first part of this crisis, it's been recommended not to take part in more dangerous activities, so not to take up hospital resources if you crash and break your neck.
Its the old story with this aspect of this thing, if you poo poo the risks of a pandemic and the crap really his the fan big time and health system is overrun, then it becomes a disaster.
If you proceed cautiously, lockdown, tell people to stop jumping motorhomeswith their Harleys etc and things don't get over whelmed, then nobody notices or are aware of what's going on, and or just think because nothing happened then it was all a waste.

like the pandemic experts say, if we do our job, then nobody notices and thinks it was nothing.
Its when every Joe blow becomes a bit player in a real contagion movie and have family members dying does it then become real.
My mom's mom lost a sister in 1919 or 20 in England. Both my father's parents lost siblings also in Toronto.

phew, got off topic there didn't I?