Old 07-01-20, 08:16 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,808 Times in 3,316 Posts
Aluminum rims, brass nipples, Stainless steel spokes, fairly clean and uncontaminated water, I don't worry about it. Even with my old steel rims I never worried about it. Just brushed the corrosion off when I got the next flat and was on my way. If you feel compelled to check on it, that's okay, but for most of my riding, I'd rather flat than take the time. If this was several rides before a big important ride then maybe check it.

If you've been cleaning your rims and spokes with certain cleaners or maybe certain petroleum products, they may get down into the rim and loosen the adhesive on the spoke tape and after that water from rain and flooded roads likely continues the process of fully loosening it so it slips and exposes the tube to the spokes or spoke holes.

Happened to me once. although I can't be for certain, But the adhesive on my rim tape let go in several spots. And I thought it looked as if it started letting loose around the spokes first in the areas where it came off. So the fairly aggressive crud, grease cutting and supposedly environmental friendly soap I'd used to clean the grime from the spokes and rim were suspect.