View Single Post
Old 07-07-20, 07:42 PM
Elbeinlaw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 68 Posts
Just *****ing about Trek

My wife and I bought new Treks, the first new bikes we've bought in years. They have all this new (to us) technology: Bluetooth, disc brakes, hydraulic braking systems, spindle (?) quick releases … So I thought that of course there would be instruction manuals.

Nope. Not hard copy. Not on line. So I called Trek and asked for a maintenance or repair manual.

They don't have one. I have to call each individual component manufacturer. WTF? That's the bright shining future I have survived into, where manufacturers' customer "support" consultants can just say, "We don't owe that to you, go call each of the the components manufacturers"? Don't get me wrong, I understand that they use whatever components are available, and can't predict where they will be from or what the best combinations will be as the market changes. But if wire disk brakes are wire disk brakes, and hydraulic disk brakes are hydraulic disk brakes, it's not their responsibility to me as their customer to make sure they get me some general information about how to adjust these damn things?

I'm really disgusted.
Likes For Elbeinlaw: