Old 07-08-20, 08:34 PM
littleArnold

Bikes: Trek, Schwinn, Huffy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Will Hot Weather Over Inflate My Tire?

I was told by a guy at a bike shop that tires will inflate more in hot weather? So don't inflate it close to the max air pressure recommended on the tire instead keep the pressure lower? Otherwise the hot weather will pop the tire?

Since I was reading that on pavement if you inflate your bikes tire more to the upper end of specified tire pressure that this should result in lower roller resistant. So I have a Trek Fx2 if I usually only have it inflated to around 65 PSI, but the tire says 65 - 95 psi. So If I inflate it to 95 PSI it should in theory have a lower rolling resistance on pavement? But in hot weather doing that can be dangerous because the hot weather will cause the tire to inflate even more than 95 psi and will cause the tire to pop...according to a guy at a bike shop I was talking. He said he would really be careful about inflating it on the upper end to 90-95 PSI, like 70-80 PSI in very hot muggy weather would be better he told me because then the tire won't over inflate and pop.

So if I got more a road tire that required 100 PSI, inflating it to 100 PSI would be a very bad idea ... instead I would like to inflate it to like 85 PSI because the hot weather will increase the PSI from 85 - 100 PSI ? I am just going by what this guy at this bike shop was telling me... things I wasn't aware of?

Last edited by littleArnold; 07-08-20 at 08:42 PM.