Old 08-23-12, 06:40 PM
JMgoblue

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not sure what brew pubs you currently have in mind, but just before you get to point C on your original map you can cross the river @ 16th street pedestrian bridge onto Platte St. and hit Denver Beer Co - they brew their own beers and usually have a food truck parked out front. Downtown you have Wynkoop (Wynkoop &17th), one of the original brew pubs, and the Great Divide brewery on 22nd and arapahoe. Falling Rock tap house on Blake b/t 18th and 19th for a huge craft beer selection. Looks like your route takes you through Golden so you've got Coors there if necessary.

Re: your route - Agreed on 32nd instead of clear creek & planning to ride straight through Bear Creek Lake Park instead of dropping south on Kipling which is not very rider friendly I don't think. There is one short but steep climb coming out of fox hollow golf course. then uphill on 470 trail. If you're a climber I'd detour into red rocks from 470. It's worth the climb - actually, do you realize that you already have a couple thousand feet of climbing on your current route? Just checking.

I guess don't forget to pack your climbing legs or your liver.