Old 08-24-12, 07:59 AM
jimbojonez

Bikes: 2011 Trek 7.5 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JMgoblue
Not sure what brew pubs you currently have in mind, but just before you get to point C on your original map you can cross the river @ 16th street pedestrian bridge onto Platte St. and hit Denver Beer Co - they brew their own beers and usually have a food truck parked out front. Downtown you have Wynkoop (Wynkoop &17th), one of the original brew pubs, and the Great Divide brewery on 22nd and arapahoe. Falling Rock tap house on Blake b/t 18th and 19th for a huge craft beer selection. Looks like your route takes you through Golden so you've got Coors there if necessary.

Re: your route - Agreed on 32nd instead of clear creek & planning to ride straight through Bear Creek Lake Park instead of dropping south on Kipling which is not very rider friendly I don't think. There is one short but steep climb coming out of fox hollow golf course. then uphill on 470 trail. If you're a climber I'd detour into red rocks from 470. It's worth the climb - actually, do you realize that you already have a couple thousand feet of climbing on your current route? Just checking.

I guess don't forget to pack your climbing legs or your liver.
Thanks for all the replies on recommended Brew Pubs, i had seen this guide here http://www.denver.org/dining-nightli...icionado-guide and was planning on hitting most of those spots. Ill add Strange Brew. It already had Denver Co and Wynkoop which people had mentioned above also. Im hitting the Great American Beer festival on Thursday also, so my liver will definitely be getting a workout to.

I like some climbing, but the later in the day it gets i may detour from some of the climbs. Ill probably take 32nd street since that seems to be the recommended route from the replies here.

Any other advice for avoiding some climbs on the last part of the trail is also appreciate, so i have some alternatives after a long day.