gps_dr
GeoBiker / Mapper

Bikes: 2007 Gary Fisher Piranha & ~ 1984 Ross Mt Whitney

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
Thanks - and, as I recall, during a class at Mines, I did take a portion of that trail. I was not aware that it was so long - I just thought it was a sort of trail stub. Of course, that was about 10 years ago, maybe it has been lengthened a bit.
Signs say it is the US 6 Trail. Recently extended N to Clear Cr, passes by fossil area and School of Mines.

This is part of my G47 trail (Golden C470) on my website.

Some other changes in that area are:
C470 Trail also extended N with paths & some on street routes to 6th & Indiana area.
Tucker Gulch Trail extends past Norman D Perry Park @ Mesa & Ford St to trail along Hwy 93 (My GLY trail (Golden Leyden).

These and over 200 more Colorado GPS enabled trails are available, Free, on my website.
Can load as tracks on almost any GPS, Map overlays on Garmin & DeLorme GPS & via Google Earth.

On the West side of town on a MTB, Dakota Ridge, Red Rocks & Morrison Slide trails make a nice scenic loop including dinosaur tracks.
Dakota Ridge is easier N to S. They form my RDS trail, parking at Matthew Winters Park or RTD Park & Ride Just S of I70 on County Rd 93.
(Last exit before mountains)
Further S near Bear Cr is Mt Falcon Park, steep climb from Morrison Side. Not too bad if you go to back side and stay on top.

Around town, the Highline Canal trail goes from Waterton Canyon to Aurora on E side of town, quite flat except for a few spots near C470. Platte River, Cherry Cr, Sand Cr and Clear Cr trails are all low incline trails that you can makes some nice off street loops with.
C470 has some long climbs/drops over its 34 mile swoop around SW metro area.

Enjoy!

Last edited by gps_dr; 09-09-12 at 05:14 PM. Reason: add a few more trail suggestions