Old 05-01-18, 07:16 PM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by Hippiebrian
I have been doing IF, namely one meal a day, for the past year. I do not restrict carbs, calories or anything else, and have taken off 80 lbs. I beg to differ on the cardio. I usually ride, hike or whatever in the fasted state and find that I am better, have more energy and more endurance when I do so. It has to do with the fasted state spiking HGH, adrenaline and other hormones. IF has been the only thing that has helped me lose weight over the long term as well as the only way of eating that has left me feeling healthier and given me energy. I am curious as to what harm you think I may be doing...
Just a phrase. Maybe "less effective" would have been more accurate. Thing is, running fasted will cause you to recruit your fat store for energy. But, when you run on low burn fuel that limits the intensity at which your run.

In other words, you can run longer -- and even more important -- a lot harder when you're carb fueled than when you are not.

That means, when you push your body into a higher active state, it will result in a much longer-lasting (many hours) fat burning capacity overall.