View Single Post
Old 10-29-19, 01:36 PM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by dkatz1
[T]hey replaced much of the parallel parking with bike lanes, with the weird set up car traffic ( a lane less then they're used to be, a bike lane, then: parking along the street to the right of the bike lane. I'm not that crazy about this set up, I would have left it alone, but that's NOT the point of this rant.
I think you mean your other right of the bike lane.

Originally Posted by dkatz1
But a guy I saw a few days ago...he was doing most of the above...zooming along, weaving in and out of the car traffic....and he had, either on his handle bars (or was just holding it?) one of those plastic infant seats, like you see mounted to a rack over the rear wheel.
With an infant child in it. This seemed totally insane to me. I wouldn't think carrying an infant that way is EVER a good idea, but if you were doing it: shouldn't you at least slow down?!?!?!
It's okay to think that someday this man might get (and at least surely be in the running for) a Darwin award, but the tiny baby was way too young to have chosen to be there.
First, there are front child carriers.
Second, what do YOU mean by "infant child" - how old do YOU think the child is? Are you certain?

Under one year in Massachusetts they must be in a trailer (helmet optional).
Between one and four or under fourty pounds, they may be in a "baby seat," restrained, with a helmet.

Finally, is this YOUR "infant child" on their bike? If yes, you get to choose when and where your child may ride. If no, why do YOU get to choose?

(Helpful definitions from George Carlin - IDIOTS ride slower than you ride. MANIACS ride faster than you ride.)

-mr. bill

Last edited by mr_bill; 11-03-19 at 10:09 AM.