Old 09-09-10, 04:34 PM
sky flyer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
my quest to restore a Peugeot; need to ID model and where to begin!

hi there, i've been a long time lurker and now hope to contribute myself. i picked up an older Peugeot road bike and from my amateur research on some ID sites i think it's 1974-1977. Maybe a PX 10, but i just dont know. Any help is MUCH appreciated! pics are below and via link...

Link to Peugeot Pics

secondly, as you can tell this bike needs a lot of work and sadly i am a rather inexperienced gear head. typically doing the most basic maintenance and waiting out a yearly tune up at the LBS. so this bike i wish to do most of the work myself, which i realize is no small task with Peugeot's odd dimensions.

nonetheless, i plan on converting it into a city/commuter bike; w some front and rear racks, upright handle bars and some larger white wall tires. i currently own a 2006 Bianchi Volpe which i adore and race around with but want something more relaxing and enjoyable to tool around on, grab groceries, etc.

so please, give me any and all input you may have. i will update this thread w as many pics as possible to detail to other readers how to go abt such a project b/c so many others have helped and motivated me.