View Single Post
Old 06-27-19, 07:24 AM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3361 Post(s)
Liked 3,638 Times in 1,244 Posts
I had my first flat in almost two years yesterday.

I was riding out to my dad's house to meet up with him for a ride on the SLT. I usually cut through the local airport that he lives on and ran over something on the edge of the taxiway.

Thankfully it was a pretty slow leak so I was able to get to his house without any issues, but once I got there I realized that I didn't have the right size tube in my saddle bag, nor a patch kit. Turns out that my dad didn't have any of the correct spare tubes either. They were the right size but he had mistakenly ordered a big bunch of tubes with schrader valves

Eventually I put my bike in his truck, drove the 3 miles home to swap bikes, and my dad met me there and we had a nice, uneventful 17 mile ride together.

Only real downside is I'm not sure if the tire is still good to go, it got a bit torn up when I was digging a metal shard out of the tread. Super bummed because it was a Veloflex Master with a lot of life left in it

Maybe some shoe goo will let me get some more miles out of it.