View Single Post
Old 08-28-19, 06:28 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
My flats always follow a theme these days: I get a small cut in the rubber, and over time a tiny bit of rock/glass gets stuck and gets slowly through the rubber and casing to puncture the tube. Usually results in a slow leak, which most times I don't hear but instead feel.
Yeah, I wonder about that. A lot of my clincher flats are from tiny tiny tiny shards of somethingorother which work their way through the tread to produce such small leaks that the only way I can find them is put the tube under water. Maybe a worn tread is a contributing factor.

I like to commute on sewups because Tire Seal works so quickly whereas swapping a tube can take 15 minutes or more. Lately I've be riding on new sewups and have been having good luck,l probably because of the thicker tread. Of course not that I've mentioned it..oh no, wait, I didn't mention that at all. Noop, never said a word.