View Single Post
Old 02-25-19, 07:51 PM
NyoGoat

Bikes: CAAD10 105

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I've been a runner for years. I started road biking about 3 years ago. Generally i've been following a running training program and then commuting to work two or three times a week (13 miles each way). I've done a few triathlons and a bunch of half and full marathons. I decided to try to focus on the bike this year and that's what led me to the time crunched program. Well, that and I started a new postion last year that has required a larger portion of my time. I've never actually trained with a heart rate monitor but i've read a lot about it and I support the concept. It seems that running training plans without technology are easier to find. Distance based (i.e. go to the track and run 400M or 800M sprints) and I have a really good feel for what I can handle for whatever distance that way. In cycling i'm a little lost on how to get the best training. I can't just hop over to the track and do 400M sprints, I have to find the right road section that doesn't have lights and that I can loop back on. I'm looking for simplicity and easy training guides that I can integrate into my normal routines and cycling programs seem to want higher tech and more $ investment