Chrisp72
Roleur of Dough

Bikes: Kuwahara Caravan, Specialized Stumpjumper S Works

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by MarcusT
Surprising, that being from the GTA you've never been to Milton. I have not been in 30 yrs, but I remember a cozy little farming town. We used to go rock climbing at Rattle Snake Point
For credit card touring I suggest Niagara on the Lake, it's flat, plenty of quiet country roads and romantic
For camping , you know you cannot beat Muskoka or the Bruce
MarcusT...I had been living in BC for roughly twenty years and have recently moved back from there and am now in Ontario...well three years ago. I hadn't really had a chance to explore areas of Ontario that didn't have a university campus on them when I was in my early twenties but will try and make up for it now. I feel there are many uncut gems hidden among the small towns and will look for them. Hopefully Sophie and I will do some more adventuring in the future.

Thank you for the tips on where to go in Ontario. Milton is pretty rad from what I can see and doesn't have many of the problems that the GTA has. It's worth exploring further. I hope to return there as I had a chance to meet some of Sophie's friends and experienced some pretty awesome hospitality. Rattle Snake Point is a key feature for the area so maybe we'll have a picnic there. I know that Sophie and I will go camping together in the future and I would like to see Tobermory, hopefully during the off season.