Old 02-06-23, 10:45 PM
michaelm101

Bikes: Cannondale Carbon Synapse Road, Cannondale T2000 Touring, Vintage Mongoose IBOC Pro MTB, Vintage Peugeot 12spd racer, Old rusty Schwinn Manta Ray I neglected as a child, Diamondback Haanjo EXP Carbon & Metro, Specialized Roubaix Pro, RaleighSC Tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
That sucks, the drive probably was not going to see anything but their phone or whatever they were paying attention to that wasn't what they were supposed to.

Cager? That is such a silly term, I wish we wouldn't use it. It sounds like a rabid fan of mediocre actor Nicholas Cage.

I don't really put reflective tape on anything personally (though don't remove it if it comes already attached). I can agree the circles probably in the instance of just using reflective stuff would probably help more but I am all about lights and also maybe a noise component if I am riding solo which generally most of my trips at night are. I feel like music helps as many drivers don't actually look they are too distracted by everything else going on in their lives that isn't driving. However yeah reflective good lights all those visual clues are useless if they have a phone or touchscreen device or are eating or shaving or whatever they might be doing other than driving. It is a shame that people can be at the wheel of an automobile and be licensed to drive but not actually be doing it when they are at that wheel putting people's lives at risk for no good reason.
Sorry, if I offended you by the use of the term, "cager." I, myself, don't know where it originates, but if you've ever been hit (while observing the rules of the road), you'll be ok with with it, whatever the heck it refers to.
Your screen name, veganbikes' gives me an indication that you're more of a Brontosaur and perhaps, not as erked by car drivers who don't acknowledge cyclists.

I'm not understanding this: " I feel like music helps as many drivers don't actually look they are too distracted by everything else going on in their lives that isn't driving." Can you please explain/clarify?