Old 10-11-18, 02:09 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Yesterday, Masters Track Worlds 2k Individual pursuit - 12/19. I did a solid time, great pacing, picked up the speed on the last lap and rode it in ERO (aero optimized) position. My legs seemed a little flat. Maybe it was too much taper and not enough punch durning this last week or hanging around in a hotel for a couple of days such that my brain was flat. The really good news is the season is finally over and I can be in off season.

Track Worlds returns to Europe next year and we will not see it here for another 40 years. On the good news side, Masters Track Nationals will be at Carson next year which means we will have essentially the same gang minus the rest of the world.

My new goal for 2019 is increasing my FTP 15%. So much like @Heathpack, I am being opportunistic racing and if the races are canceled or whatever, I will be focused on my FTP. The last few seasons, I have focused on races and tried to manage my fitness to the race schedule and length. My aerobic power bounced around a lot. So I think I have a lot to gain if I focus hence the !5% target and since I race timed track events and road time trials and hillclimbs it is a good match. But even if I do not race at all, I still have a goal.