View Single Post
Old 05-30-19, 01:20 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
Yeah, it was super fun. Tons of people in lots of categories: kids, teens, lots of women riders which is awesome to see, old fart roadies like me. The course looped around and swooped into a motocross course so there were these big tables and banked corners. And there was a taco truck. I seriously think I need to get a mountain bike now. There's a series leader jersey for each category and the winner each night gets to wear the kingly robe for the podium. So. Much. Fun.
No cape this week, just a big fat DNF. This week's course was especially rocky in the first half and I flatted before I could get to the flat, smooth dirt road portion where I was going to engage the hyperdrive. The worst part was that I had a tube but no CO2 cartridge or pump with me, so I couldn't even ride the whole course. Just shouldered the bike and walked back to start/finish. The CX bike giveth and the CX bike taketh away. *sad trombone*

But the best part was listening to my son on the way home. He finished 4th again but was only 30 seconds behind 3d and he spent most of the ride home dissecting the race and thinking about where he lost time, where he took a good line vs. a bad line. It's awesome to hear him so excited about it.
Likes For caloso: