View Single Post
Old 02-04-19, 04:31 AM
Bonzo Banana

Bikes: Muddyfox Evolve 200, Bicycles4u Paris Explorer, Raleigh Twenty Stowaway, Bickerton California, Saracen Xile, Kona Hoss Deluxe, Vertigo Carnaby, Exodus Havoc, Kona Lanai, Revolution Cuillin Sport, Dawes Kingpin, Bickerton, NSU & Elswick Cosmopolitan

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by pataspen
in an effort to thwart bike thieves I put a Walmart sticker on my titanium touring bike. It’s worked like a charm, the bike has been halfway around the world and
nobody has stolen it yet
Brilliant, clearly you value actually riding a very decent bike more than advertising the fact you have a great bike like many bike brand snobs. You also see the opposite where someone has a cheap department store bike with very poor front shocks and they remove the stickers from the front shocks and put on Rockshox stickers or similar in order to improve the street cred of the bike. I've also seen really nice bikes where they have grunged them up with rubbish paint jobs and naff stickers and even speckled on watery brown paint in order to look like rust on aluminium parts. I've seen this at Bristol here in the UK which probably has a very high bike theft rate. Some people have just endured too many bike thefts and will try anything to put off thieves.