Old 04-25-19, 06:47 AM
mgw4jc

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, Trek 5000 TCT, Giant OCR

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
Not biking related, but yesterday at lunch I walked to the shopping center for a couple of snack supplies (and 50% off Easter candy!). On my way back I was passing the front of a Kohl's department store and a guy comes running out, barely missing me and head going back and forth like he's looking for somebody. I stopped to avoid being tackled. My first thought was that somebody had walked out and left one of their purchases or something. Then I saw a police car come around the corner of the building, lights on and then made a short siren sound. I watch him go by and all of a sudden there are 3 more police cars. A couple of ladies were stopped and quickly put in handcuffs. The running guy and a few other employees who had come out of the store were all watching.

After seeing 4 police cars and one on a motorcycle show up that fast, I assume they had to have some forewarning. The two ladies were not even 50 feet from the entrance when the cops showed up. They were probably watching them, saw them pocket something and just had to see them exit the store before apprehending.

Nice ride in today. Had to stop at the store for a book of stamps on the way in. No police incidents.