View Single Post
Old 08-05-19, 05:22 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,095 Times in 5,053 Posts
It's a good reminder that "General Cycling" is a forum for all kinds of riders, and that the concepts of training and kit are foreign to a lot of us.

I just find the references to "ordinary" $10,000 bikes, and endless stuff you must wear or do to be considered "serious" just so divorced from the way most people on this forum ride that it's kind of funny. You can love that stuff, and it's just fine to advocate for their merits, but when you start to talk in a way that makes it sound like it's the secret handshake to join the "real" club around here, you'll just sound silly.

BTW, I know I'll get a "why do you care" response, and it's basically because if someone coming to this forum for the first time sees enough of that type of post, they might not come back because they think that's what it's really about. So, yeah, when I see these, I tend to jump in to say some variation of the above.
Likes For livedarklions: