cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2420 Post(s)
Liked 4,381 Times in 2,090 Posts
Originally Posted by P!N20
Very nice. Love early Dura-Ace. Were those cranks available with back flutes out of the factory? I'm sure I've seen them before.
No idea, I think this is my second set; first came on a Schwinn Voyageur II.

Originally Posted by repechage
that is why the Leroy pen- only for the flat bottom area- the way the depression terminates on the Shimano crank you are correct, not enough definition.
I'll give the Leroy pen a try on a crank (not this one; I'm pleased with the end result) sometime.

Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
Once I would've said yes, but I found out recently I don't have the precision required anymore

Oh, well - I had a brief, shining moment where I had skillz. Moving on
Methinks it's possible with some ingenuity - a jig for a drill press that'd hold a bottom bracket at a set distance. BB would be adjustable up or down to get the corresponding "helper" crankarm to rotate the chainring just right, and a degree wheel would be installed behind the crank to aid in even spacing.

What do you think?

Originally Posted by OldsCOOL
Very nice! A touch of class to classic.

I did similar with a Campy crank on the Colnago...
Haven't done it with any of my NR cranks yet. I think I'd go overboard and start filling all of them

Originally Posted by xiaoman1
Here is my attempt, I do not use a ruling pen, I use a pinstriping brush and either a "high" quality nail polish or "One-shot" sign painters paint...
Ben, I've seen yours before when I was researching how to do mine. Looks great. Any color for the arm itself, or just the spider?

I used Testors paint pens on a pair of Moser shifters recently; worked great. The Dura-Ace arms were, of course, sprayed; given the large surface area. I haven't tried One Shot yet, but I've heard it's the best for this. What would you say?

-Kurt