Old 09-16-19, 08:17 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 578 Times in 436 Posts
Inspect the frame for cracks / good dents. Inspect wheels to make sure they are straight. Test ride the bike to make sure it ''feels'' ok and runs smooth. Also inspect the drive train (probably one of the most important thing). Teeth that looks like waves = component worn out. Measure the chain as well. If it's stretched, you need a new one. If you know someone that works at a bicycle shop, you can also bring the bike and have it inspected... See it has an aditionnal layer of insurance to your investment.

A 13 year old bike that was properly maintained its whole life is better than a 5 year old bike that was not maintained at all. Keep that in mind.

Originally Posted by jetlagged
Thanks for the responses. I messaged the seller. He’s not the owner. He said he is selling it for a friend. I asked to see if there’s cracks or problems to the frame or if it has been dropped/been in serious accident. But according to him, the bike is in “fantastic condition”. He is unable to specify the mileage

what do you folks think?
No red flag at all... Perhaps the owner doesn't have facebook / kijiji or internet at all... Just go see the bike & talk with the person. I sell a lot of things for my dad...

Last edited by eduskator; 09-16-19 at 08:21 AM.