Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
Sometimes I think that I might have a good CdA in my standard road, track and TT positions. Like, some of these guys are monstrously strong from a raw wattage perspective, but I can compete with them in flat/high-speed mass start races and roll a break (or TTT) with some pretty tough guys at high speed.

To put that in perspective I'm only 145 lbs (at race weight) and decently strong, but some of these bigger guys have like 50+ watts on me z1-5. At ~12 years of competitive cycling, you'd think I'd have this figured out by now .

Would be super interesting to pay for some wind tunnel time at some point, just to try things out and get some data. A grand (or so I'm told) is a bit of coin to drop, but it's not like I haven't spent that much on cycling before.
You can do the San Diego wind tunnel, Velo Sports Center ERO aero testing or you and I can go to the SD velodrome and use my aero calculation spread sheet. All we need is accurate speed and power data over a couple of good laps per test and we can calculate CdA for the setup tested. ERO is slicker, more accurate and continuous and you learn a lot and of course the wind tunnel can do yaw angle, smoke and other cool stuff.
Likes For Hermes: