View Single Post
Old 05-18-20, 08:47 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 1,696 Times in 872 Posts
Rode out to Lexington Center on Mass. Ave., then improvised a loop that continued on Mass. Ave. as far as Worthen Road, then followed that to the end, picked up Kendall Road, took that to Marrett Road and rode past Dunback Meadow and the Masonic Bunker to connect with Mass. Ave. for the return. This turned a 12-mile ride into a 15-mile ride, added a few hills, and included the fun of briefly getting lost. It's a nice route, and I'll add it to the short-ride-off-the-Minuteman repertoire.

Broadway, East Arlington: construction that has been hanging fire has resumed in earnest, starting with the installation of some compressed-stone pilings.

East Lexington: "... and on Wednesday, we'll get take-out..."

:
Lexington Center: nothing doing.

Battle Green: continuing on Mass. Ave.

Looking up the Mass. Ave. hill towards the Stone Store; time to turn left onto Worthen Street, and avoid some serious climbing.

The Hayden Centre: this used to be a mecca for the children of friends and colleagues who lived in Lexington. Nice facility, presumably currently PAUSED.

Worthen Road is a comfortable ride, at least this segment. I recalled seeing a 4th of July fireworks display in one of the now-empty playing fields, decades ago. Of course, this year, it's possible to have nostalgia for the Good Old Days of February.

Kendall Road: I had forgotten this road, found it again by getting creatively lost after reaching the end of Worthen Road. It delivered me to Marrett Road, after which the route converged with a problem whose solution was known.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 05-19-20 at 01:07 PM.
Likes For rholland1951: