Thread: One Hand Wonder
View Single Post
Old 04-07-14, 05:26 PM
tigat

Bikes: 2021 Trek Checkpoint SL (GRX Di2), 2020 Domane SLR 9 (very green), 2016 Trek Emonda SL, 2009 Bianchi 928, 1972 Atala Record Pro

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 143 Times in 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
This is Joe. He's a badass.
Mr. Berenyi is indeed a badass. Cool that you sponsor him. Not cool that he's got to scrap for support from others.

I was a Paralympic ski racer both, alpine and nordic, back in the dark ages. It was much the same (full time job, bake sales to raise money for tickets to Europe), which cut into the time time you could spend training and improving, and ultimately sent me off to law school.

I got on Trek's radar screen because of a friend in high places, not because of any performance cred as a cyclist, and that got me in front of some engineers who were intrigued by the challenge. Trek has a budget for community projects, and I became one of them.This was never intended to be a commercial-promotional thing, but more of a feasibility exercise for developing solutions that we could share.

It is still a work in progress, but I can assure you that Joe, and the other world class athletes, along with us common folk, now have some attention that is is not going to fade.