Old 01-31-19, 11:05 PM
bwfox

Bikes: Varied and subject to change

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trike

I am a 65 year old lifetime cyclist. I went to strictly trikes about 3 years ago. I now have a Catrike Villager with 3 20" wheels and a higher seat. I also have a 2016 Catrike Expedition with 20" wheels in front and a 26" wheel in back. I run Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires in the winter and Big Apples in the summer. The BAs do a decent job of damping the road shock. I haven't needed or wanted to spend the extra $ and weight penalty for folding and or suspension. I think the Expedition ranks as one of the best values in recumbent trikes. You get a nice 30 speed drivetrain, headlight mount, computer mount, left mirror, nice seat with pockets on back, and a neck rest all stock.
I added assist handles for getting up and out, a padded seat cushion, and a set of the Catrike saddlebags made by Arkel.
Lately, I have been thinking of selling the Expedition and building up a nice Soma Buena Vista mixte. I ride with a prosthetic left leg and the lower step through might get me back on a 2 wheeler for a few more years. I will hang on to my Villager trike for winter and slow rides.
When I get my Expedition cleaned up and ready to sell, I would want $1600 and could deliver to Las Vegas. I live in Wells, NV about 600 miles NE from Vegas.