Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by gsteinb
My indoor and outdoor numbers vary by almost nothing. In many cases I can definitely drop more power indoors than out.
Mine have always varied by as high as 20w difference (higher outdoors of course). Indoors and at steady state is just the opposite of what my body ever wants to do.

Originally Posted by gsteinb
To tmonks point, it's about setting zones for workouts. Test. Set your zones. Adjust accordingly as you succeed or fail at your workouts. It's winter, but unless you're calculating TSS for the hand wringing you're ******g up your CTL and recovery.
OMG yes, this. This is the part that seems to completely allude a ton of people. I always find when I delve down into their thinking by asking "why" until they get mad that I find out that it's because power to them is a measuring stick and they use an FTP metric as a score for their life. I have always argued that outside of a few applications power solely exists as a tool for personal training. It becomes troublesome when it's used as a genital measuring device.

Likes For Psimet2001: