Old 10-13-10, 02:33 PM
Creek Dweller

Bikes: Schwinn Trailway

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by billh92109
Hmm... I have Ankylosing and it sets me off something fierce (along with all starches, dextrose, and basically any sugar other than glocose/fructose/lactose(which I can handle due to raw milk consumption))

- If you are intolerant to other sugars but *dont* have joint swelling/pain and weird back issues, just digestive then it almost sounds like IBS or Crohns or something similar, which would also be something you wouldnt notice until you got older and would get worse with age. I didnt realize I had my stuff until I was 30 or so.

If you arent intolerant of other sugars then thats kind of strange - at least you know what you can't eat which is 90% of the battle! Tough though they put that stuff in everything. If it has more than one ingredient usually I dont buy it to eat ;p.

Personally I think many people have specific food intolerances and allergies that cause chronic health problems but are so hard to identify without great effort - It took me quite a while to figure out what I could and couldnt eat, had to start with a monodiet and add stuff to it slowly. Could be worse eh?

Bill - I have read that the positive HLA-B27 is indicator for another issue - Colitis. I'm not sure if you are on Facebook or not but there are two good groups &/or pages there, one for folks regarding Positive HLA-B27 (sorry, I forget the exact page name but a search will find it.... not easily I seem to recall however) and another for folks with AS. Check 'em out.

Also I did start a page called MALTODEXTRIN INTOLERANCE AWARENESS, since, like a bunch of folks above are doing, there's always the "no, you have to be allergic to something else," line -when they haven't a clue and are not intolerant of the stuff themself. Not much discussion going on but I am posting links to all the articles and information I can find on maltodextrin, sucralose, Splenda, and some other general food intolerance/allergy links.