Old 06-24-19, 08:27 PM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by AllWeatherJeff
In my OP, I stated rather specifically, "2 pounds of food". I include wrappers, rinds and peels in my weighing process along with the non-carbohydrate nutritional factors. So, in reality, I was right. "
Only if your intent is to be impractical, or you have no other fluid source such that incorporated water is just water you'd have to cary anyway.

I never mentioned 2 pounds of just carbohydrates, how would one even accomplish such a feat? Someone else made that up out of their own imagination.

Two pounds of powdered energy is pretty darn close to two pounds of carbs. I don't really think the snack baggies count for much, do you?

To take some specific examples:

- Gatorade powder: 22 grams carbs out of 23 grams net

- Blueberry Pop Tarts: 38 grams out of 45g; 5g of the remainder is fat at 9 kcal/gram

- Twizzlers: 27g out of 34, not entirely clear what the remainder is, 1g protein 0.5g fat

- Ensure powder: 33g out of 57g, of the difference 8g is protein 8g is fat

- Hammer perpetuem: 54g out of 69g, 7g of the remainder is protein and 2.5g fat

- Snickers: 29g out of 49g, of the rest 10g is fat and 4g is protein, leaving only 6g for water / other.

Bananas are great, and I don't always eat them exactly where I buy them, but I wouldn't count on hauling them for half a day as an energy source.

Last edited by UniChris; 06-25-19 at 08:36 AM.
Likes For UniChris: