Old 06-25-19, 07:28 AM
AllWeatherJeff
Old Dog, New Tricks

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by UniChris
You are being intentionally deceitful and dishonest in characterizing the situation that way, because in actual fact you invented an argument about bananas to insult someone's statement that was specifically about carbohydrates, and not about bananas. Re-read the thread, the undeniable evidence is plain for all to see.

Bananas were your badly chosen example, not theirs, you cannot use an argument about bananas to fairly criticize someone who was not talking about bananas. Either you were intentionally sneaky in making the change, or it was an honest mistake you still refuse to admit;

The inarguable fact is that in changing a quote about carbohydrates to pretend it was about bananas that are only about 22% carbohydrate, you introduced and error of the same magnitude as the actual error of the claim you were objecting to.

You're both wrong, and by quite comparable factors. But only you continue to deny that your change of the subject created a false criticism.
UniChris,

I disagree. I have altered no quoted text. What Richard did was take my op out of context-- specifically by confounding my "2 pounds of food" with his "Two pounds of carbohydrate," which he then used as a basis for insulting not only my query, but my intelligence.

Bananas are specifically in my OP query. In full honesty, I had 3 of them to start the 200k I refer to. 3 bananas weigh roughly 3/4 of a pound. Since I am incapable of chemically separating the carbohydrates from the rest of the bananas, I have to bring them all with me. Which, after completing the 200k ride, led me to realize that bring an entire days worth of food-- not carbs, food, "2 pounds" of it to be precise-- was not a good idea for future rides.

The only one who conflated food with carbohydrates was RC, which he used as an in route for hurling not-at-all veiled insults.

I called him out for it in my initial response to him. And you censored my reply. However, his initial insults remain.

You are mistaken. The only one who changed context was RC. The intial insults were also his.