Old 08-22-23, 06:17 PM
walter1010

Bikes: Cannondale Trail 6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My 2 cents worth

Hi I'm a newbie cyclist, with several physical issues including a drop foot, lack of sensation and muscle wastage on the one side (spinal nerve damage). I also where the Allard Bluerocker 2.5, and spend most of my time in Dr Comfort double depth shoes that handle the AFO easily enough. My major adjustments for cycling having been to find a saddle height thats a decent compromise so that both legs are fairly ok. Obvs I use mid-foot pressure on the bad leg, and I just wear my normal shoes. I've been averaging 20mi most days pretty easily, but it's early days, so an overuse or similar injury might crop up because I'm not operating symmetrically. My biggest problem right now is having absolutely no glute on the bad leg side - nerve issue. I'm going to have to build some padding especially for that side I think. Because of my lack of sensation down the bad leg and the resultant lesser "grip" my foot can feel with that pedal, I think my may be working my "good" leg much harder, which is something I'd prefer not to do. Any comments or suggestions are most welcome.