Old 01-04-24, 09:19 AM
tcs
Palmer

Bikes: Mike Melton custom, Alex Moulton AM, Dahon Curl

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1676 Post(s)
Liked 1,837 Times in 1,067 Posts
Breathable fabric or impenetrable fabric with vents? I'll go with the vents, thanks.

Originally Posted by djb
I also find it daunting to order a jacket that I haven't tried on, for fit, for actually feeling if the quality is there with zips, etc. I took a chance and ordered my ShowersPass jacket...
Yeah, I bought a Showers Pass online. Deep discount, closeout. Good kit. djb gave a nice description of its features in post 7.

Two things I don't like that coat shoppers might keep in mind:
a) The front (hands) pockets'* bottom seam is the bottom seam of the coat. Anything you put in those pockets winds up at the bottom of the pocket (obviously) which winds up between your tummy and your thighs when you lean over the bars and pedal. #@!&% Fortunately, there is a higher (chest) pocket that is usable.
2) It's flat black. I knew that when ordering; it's why the jacket was on end-of-season sale. But could there be a worse color for a jacket you wear on the road on low light, low contrast rainy days? If I need another jacket, I think I'd not be so cheap and pony up for one in yellow, orange or viz.

*The inside of those pockets is mesh, so if you leave them unzipped** they act as additional vents.

**Not a problem since you can't really carry anything in them.