Old 03-25-24, 08:39 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11035 Post(s)
Liked 7,584 Times in 4,229 Posts
I wasnt able to ride nearly as many miles last year as I had gotten used to over the prior 7 years and it was really frustrating.
Nothing nearly as severe as some examples mentioned here, but chronic neck pain with limited left/right mobility really reduced how much I rode last year.

Not knowing how the injury happened was frustrating. Not knowing what specifically was wrong(was going to a chiro and a PT multiple times a week over 3 months) was frustrating. The slow improvement was frustrating.
Being injured and not being able to do something you enjoy can mess with your outlook on life.
I threw myself into some other things to stay busy and productive, and to a degree it definitely helped.

My range of motion is back and there is pain only at the extreme ends of motion, so I am chalking it up to something I will just live with in some manner, moving forward.
I already have a bunch of extreme challenges in my head for when the weather clears up because I have to hold myself accountable or it is really easy to skip riding after it stopped being part of my weekly routine. Multiple gravel century rides, entry into some in-state gravel races I havent done before, those sorts of things.
Likes For mstateglfr: