Old 09-06-12, 07:08 PM
scozim 
Ellensburg, WA

Bikes: See my signature

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked 457 Times in 160 Posts
Had to go to the Seattle area for work today so stopped off at Marymoor Park for a ride on the Sammamish trail (one DD has posted some photos of before the Friday night track racing). Today was going to be a mellow ride thanks to some sore quads from earlier hard rides this week, including some good climbing on Sunday, so I took the old Peugeot (Ms. Patina). I was just minding my own business and, at one point, passed a guy on a Scott carbon fiber road bike. About 100 yards later I realized he was wheel sucking. I hate being competitive - the mellow ride went out the window and I didn't see him again. I wasn't into having a wheel sucker today.

I finished up with my first laps ever on a velodrome - nobody else around so it was quite a bit of fun. Sunny, mid-70's, light breeze - perfect time for an early afternoon ride.

Mid-week, late morning - not much traffic on the trail

The best part in several places was the strong smell of ripening blackberries: