Old 10-05-18, 02:40 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclintom
I have 8 bikes in my garage including 2 CX bike one with drops and the other with a flat bar. If I feel like it, I can spoke and true a wheel in 30 minutes. Thankfully the newer wheels put and end to that. I have a Time VX Elite with 28 mm tires that I can ride on any of the Bay Trails around SF bay. A large part of these are gravel. I have a Basso and a Pinarello with 25 and 28 mm tires tube and tubeless. I have disk and rim brakes. I dumped full suspension bike recently because I can go over the same courses available to me including LOTS of steep climbing faster on a CX bike than a Full Suspension 29er. I just pulled two other bikes apart including an Eddy Merckx and a Pinarello Torino so that they would take up less room. I have a Colnago CLX with 25's on it that I intend to change over to tubeless. I'm climbing 12% climbs in a 39-25. I averaged almost 15 1/2 mph over a 10 mile course that had me come to complete stops at 5 stoplights.

So don't pretend that somehow you're the only one that knows anything about bicycles. I've been riding as an adult for 40 years and I have ALWAYS been on the best technology. I've raced sailboats including very large ones from San Francisco to Catalina. I was a semi-pro motorcycle racer. I'm an engineer that worked to design new technology including medical instruments that saved literally millions of lives. So I have some idea of what technology is.

So, as I said, perhaps you should consider that other people may both use different methods that you do and know more about it than you do. FENDERS???
Aye aye, Mr President.