Old 07-09-19, 10:06 PM
2manybikes

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 169 Posts
Originally Posted by autonomy
Are you talking about parking at the Shining Sea lot at Depot Road (#7 on this map)? It looks to be about 3 miles away and may be quicker than dealing with the shuttle. But the one time I've come back from MV, it was dark, do you think it'd be OK to leave the car in that lot until dark?
I always get to the car in daylight. It's pretty isolated. I don't know if there are any lights. I would recommend the main lot at the boat for better security.
We park in a dirt lot more like 15 on that map. I have lately always been a passenger in the car so I don't remember how to find it. I will email the driver right after I post this. I'll be going too, soon possibly. 10 to 20 riders. We just did Block Island, there were 11 people.
Last summer we found that they installed bike tools and a pump under a little roof in that dirt lot. Tools are attached by a cord. It's longer than 3 miles, but I did use the 3 mile away parking once. It was OK. I'll get back to you.
The shuttle looks lousy to me. Also bring a bike that can get scratched on the ferry. Or rent one on the island. Many, many, rental shops. I always bring a beater bike.