Old 09-20-19, 08:27 AM
SwtBadger

Bikes: 2015 BMC SLR02; 2004 Bianchi Veloce; 2000 Gary Fischer Big Sur

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 47 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Had a fun group ride last night, but was hit with the realization that my Wed night group rides are almost done for the year. Bummer as I feel like I'm finally rounding in to decent shape. Last night, I was feeling particularly cheeky and decided to ride off the front a mile out from a hotly contested city sign. Covered the mile in under 2 min, which is probably my fastest flat mile, but was still picked off by a guy who had a great leadout. One of these days I'll hold 'em off.
Here a bit east and a bit south of you, my solo week day rides are almost done for the year too. It's beat the clock to get a ride in before full darkness. Don't mind, actually prefer riding at twilight, but not a fan of riding at full darkness.

"Rounding in to decent shape" seems to be a northern biker thing. We tend to spend 8 months getting into shape only to loose it in 4 months, rinse and repeat. I did some limited interval training on an indoor bike last year that kept some of the edge, but there is nothing like actually seat time.