Old 04-11-24, 07:41 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2748 Post(s)
Liked 979 Times in 801 Posts
Originally Posted by imi
I was fortunate to have been able to buy my Hilleberg Soulu for less than half price thanks to personal contacts here in Sweden. It was still way more than I would have paid for a tent otherwise. The problem is though, there’s no going back, they are that good. Definitely not ultralight, but I was in a storm that flattened other tents (Kirk Creek, CA, february 2011), and my tent was just vibrating.
for cool, cold, windy conditions, Hilleberg tents have always seemed to be a great option.
For many of us who tour in warm, hot and humid summer conditions, they would be stifling and unbearable inside, but for use in conditions they are made for, I'm sure they are very appropriate.
I know they wouldnt be the tent design I want for what conditions I have nearly always camped in, but then the price has always been rather eye raising for me anyway, so not even an option.
I would say that in general, we have a lot more options for tents now, and so many reasonably priced tents have great designs that have trickled down over the years, and of course, I too look out for sales and take advantage of them.
But really, I get a tent and use it for years and years.