View Single Post
Old 08-31-19, 01:53 PM
Gary Fountain

Bikes: Colnago (82, 85, 89, 90, 91, 96, 03), 85 Cinelli, 90 Rossin, 83 Alan, 82 Bianchi, 78 Fountain, 2 x Pinarello, Malvern Star (37), Hillman (70's), 80's Beretto Lo-Pro Track, 80's Kenevans Lo-Pro, Columbus Max (95), DeGrandi (80's) Track.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked 198 Times in 124 Posts
Hi BradL, your Fiorelli looks to be quite a time capsule and your Colnago must be a real joy to own - a rare beauty. Congratulations on two really interesting bikes.

Hi Joluja, your Ciocc really stands out and I bet you get a lot of admiring looks when you take it out for a spin. I see it has my absolute favourite 80's saddle - a Concor Confort and my favourite gear levers - Simplex Retrofriction.

Hi C194, thanks for the photos of your Viner. You don't see them all that often but I did have a neighbour that rode one and he loved it. I see yours is made from Columbus Cromor which I find to be a really good, and a little under rated tube set. I think it had a poor reputation when it was introduced due the wrongly perceived notion that a seamed tube would give an inferior ride. I have found that I can't tell it apart from Columbus SLX. How do you find it?

Hi HPL, nothing like a late 80's / early 90's Colnago. I reckon they're the complete package - the style, the looks, the ride quality. I can't make out the model either. My initial thought was a Super but with the 'apostrophe' cutouts on the head tube lugs - it's got me scratching my head?

Hi Gios - your Compact Pro features another one of my favourite frame colours and so recognisable too. Flite saddle and Dura ace - it's a bit of a time capsule too.

Last edited by Gary Fountain; 08-31-19 at 02:27 PM.