View Single Post
Old 11-26-16, 11:17 AM
alathIN

Bikes: Volagi Viaje (rando/gravel/tour), Cannondale Slice 4 (tri/TT), Motobecane Fantom PLUS X9 (plus tires MTB)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rallymaster
If its at all possible at 6ft 1ish which size did you get?

Second thing is I am actually looking to electrify the bike, can you take a minute to measure the bottom bracket for me? I would like to get in on a deal before it ends 😀

Thank you for your write up!
I got a 19.5"
I am just a skosche shy of 6"1' with proportionately shorter legs, and the frame is big but good for me - very glad I didn't get the smaller one and the taller one would have been WAY too big.
My guess is it will be fine for you.
BD has a "sizing quiz" where you measure your standover and answer a few questions, and they recommend a size. I'd do that just for the a second opinion.

What dimension of the BB do you want measured?

Just FYI, everything at BD is always "on sale."
They do tend to make a big run of bikes all at once, though, and when those run out it is unpredictable how long you will have to wait for them to restock.

Just one fit issue - I was noticing a bit of upper body fatigue and wound up cutting 1/2" off the ends of the bars.
Odd because I almost always find the bars too narrow and often replace them a size larger on other bikes; my touring bike has the widest bars 3T makes. But the Motobecane ones ware just a nudge too wide for me.